Senior Business Developer | $75-$90k OTE
PlanIT Geo™ provides leading consulting services and enterprise GIS software for urban trees, parks, and related green infrastructure asset management. We are seeking a Business Development leader to join our team. In this role you will work with a group of dedicated professionals to deliver innovative solutions to urban forestry clients worldwide in government, nonprofit, and campus sectors. We are a fast-growing company near Denver with employees around the U.S. and partners and customers around the globe. This is an exciting period in our company’s growth, with plenty of opportunity to advance, lead, and grow along with us.
The ideal candidate will be a natural selfless leader, knowledgeable, genuine, ethical, and passionate about nature, planning, technology, and growth. You will amplify our vision, “Mapping the World’s Urban Forests for a Greener Future”, which drives us every day to provide high quality, mission-driven results and impact to our clients and the industry as a whole.
Primary Responsibilities of the Position:
- Develop projects involving geospatial analysis, inventory, assessment, and management planning of urban forests, parks, and green infrastructure
- Proposal development, including vetting, writing, forming teams, and budgets to be tracked
- Facilitate inclusion of TreePlotter™ software products (INVENTORY, PARKS, CANOPY) in projects in close collaboration with our software sales and development teams
- Maintain long-term relationships and a reputable network of industry contacts and partners
- Unify, lead with vision, and be a mentor to our consulting services team
- Support operations and ensure client success through effective and accountable transition of new consulting projects to project manager, along with continuous client follow up
- Establish and track revenue goals and expense budgets with senior management
- Coordinate with marketing on digital strategies and content for measurable campaigns and events
- Able and willing to travel to conferences, trade shows, etc. (post Covid-19 pandemic)
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years in a business development, sales, or operations in urban forestry, parks, or the tree care industry
- Bachelor degree or higher in forestry, natural resources, sustainability, urban ecology, GIS, or related field
- Excellent communication, presentation, and business relationship skills; great rapport with our staff, partners, and clients
- Proven ability to generate profitable, well-managed consulting projects
- Ability to develop new, innovative solutions to maximize the impact on real-word problems
- Strong leadership, HR, hiring, and management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft products and CRM for tracking/forecasting a healthy pipeline
- Clear understanding of federal, state, and local government funding and procurement processes including grants
Desired Skills and Nice-To-Haves:
- Thought leader with regard to industry trends, initiatives, key concerns, and opportunities
- Local government and private sector industry experience
- Familiar with mapping, GIS, and remote sensing concepts and technologies
- Experience with inventory/asset/work management software
- Knowledge of and experience with urban forest master/management plans and community engagement
- Understanding of ecosystem services function, value, and research tools
- Expansive network locally and nationally of clients and contacts in the sectors above
Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus structure based on revenue goals. Company 401K, health insurance, HSA, and paid time off offered. Phone and data plan covered by PlanIT Geo as well as other reimbursable expenses. Flexibility to work remotely or from our main office in Colorado.
This position reports directly to the CEO. If you are qualified and interested in applying, please send a 1-page cover letter and 2-page resume to IanHanou@planitgeo.com, CEO & Founder. Applications will be accepted through November with interviews in December and a selection made by end of the year. The start date is somewhat flexible.