Job OpeningsOpportunities to join the most exciting team in the industry
PlanIT Geo™ is a fast growing, thriving, fun, and hard working team! We are driven by trees and technology; innovators in GIS, remote sensing, LiDAR for urban tree canopy assessments, community tree inventory and strategic management. We are passionate about the work we do and derive purpose from helping others understand the value of natural capital and guidance for future generations.
Our atmosphere allows employees to grow by allowing them to take part in industry-related work outside their day-to-day activities. We stand behind innovation for the company and the industry.
Our home office is located in Arvada, Colorado at the foothills of the beautiful Rocky Mountains and just a few minutes from downtown Denver. Browse our open geo jobs below!
PlanIT Geo Jobs
Software Support Specialist
Location: Arvada, Colorado (main office, partial work-from-home; full remote possible for the right candidate)
PlanIT Geo™ is a global urban forestry consulting and software development firm. Our web-based software is used by private tree care firms, consultants, local and state governments, nonprofits, and others who work with trees, parks, and natural resources data. As our platform and client base expand, so does our need to continue providing excellent technical support.
We are seeking a Software Support Specialist to be a core member of our team. Our ideal candidate has prior experience in a customer-facing software support role, a great attitude, and strong technical skills. You will work with customers every day, providing training, troubleshooting issues, and setting up new apps. You will configure software in a database, analyze and import complicated data sets, and resolve challenging issues with our developers. You will be a part of our daily standup meeting and work with the entire team, including sales/marketing staff, account managers, and our in-field arborists.
This is a great opportunity to join the fastest growing company in urban forestry technology, and can lead to other roles within the company for the right hire. Partial or full time work-from-home is available.
Primary responsibilities of the position:
● Customer support via phone, email, screenshare – engage clients, identify their needs, and work independently and with the team to solve issues and create solutions
● Enter and track issues in a Help Desk system; help test and debug apps as able
● Configure/setup new and existing software apps to match customer specifications / sales quotes
● Train new and existing users of TreePlotter software on everything from general use to custom features
● Use database administration tools and code statements to customize client software
● Analyze, prepare, clean and transform existing customer data for migration into TreePlotter, using Excel/Access, ArcGIS, and other tools
● Attend daily meetings and work with the team to support our entire client base in a holistic manner
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
● 1-2 years in a customer-facing role, with proven success supporting clients (preferably SaaS)
● Strong technical skills including demonstrated understanding of software, systems, and the web
● Ability to work with complex data sets – analyze, manipulate, and transform data as needed to fit client data into our app, with very strong attention to detail and focus
● College degree or equivalent experience
Desired Skills and Nice-To-Haves:
● Bilingual in English/Spanish
● Experience with databases, technical support procedures, help desk systems (Jira, Zendesk)
● Familiar with mapping/GIS concepts, technologies and a variety of formats (sql, json, csv…)
● Experience with Postgres or another database, AWS, linux, and web and software development
● Interest in trees, forestry, natural resource management, sustainability, or urban planning a plus
We are always open to hearing from talented, fun, hard-working professionals interested in joining our team at PlanIT Geo™. If you love “trees and technology”, or related natural resource planning or software development, contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s discuss your next community forestry project today.
About PlanIT Geo™
At PlanIT Geo, you’ll find a team driven by trees and technology. We are innovators and your partner in community forestry.
We are passionate about the work we do and derive purpose from helping others map and understand the value of nature-based solutions for a greener future.
7878 Wadsworth Boulevard, Suite 340, Arvada, Colorado 80003
Sales & Support: 833.873.3627
U.K. Sales: +44 (0)7858639023
U.K. Support: 03330 509905
Join Our Community