Job OpeningsOpportunities to join the most exciting team in the industry
PlanIT Geo™ is a fast growing, thriving, fun, and hard working team! We are driven by trees and technology; innovators in GIS, remote sensing, LiDAR for urban tree canopy assessments, community tree inventory and strategic management. We are passionate about the work we do and derive purpose from helping others understand the value of natural capital and guidance for future generations.
Our atmosphere allows employees to grow by allowing them to take part in industry-related work outside their day-to-day activities. We stand behind innovation for the company and the industry.
Our home office is located in Arvada, Colorado at the foothills of the beautiful Rocky Mountains and just a few minutes from downtown Denver. Browse our open geo jobs below!
We are always open to hearing from talented, fun, hard-working professionals interested in joining our team at PlanIT Geo™. If you love “trees and technology”, or related natural resource planning or software development, contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PlanIT Geo Jobs
Senior Business Developer
PAY: $120K on target earnings, un-capped commission
Remote work. Home office is located in Arvada, Colorado.
PlanIT Geo provides leading consulting services and enterprise GIS software for urban trees, parks, and related green infrastructure asset management. We are seeking a Business Development leader to join our team. In this role you will work with a group of dedicated professionals to deliver innovative solutions to urban forestry clients in government, nonprofit, and campus sectors. We are a fast-growing company near Denver with employees around the U.S. and partners and customers around the globe. This is an exciting period in our company’s growth, with plenty of opportunity to advance, lead, and grow along with us.
The ideal candidate will be a natural selfless leader, knowledgeable, bold, ethical, and passionate about nature, planning, technology, and growth. As a creative thinker, natural collaborator and life-long networker, you will amplify our vision, “Mapping the World’s Urban Forests for a Greener Future”, which drives us every day to provide high quality, mission-driven results and impact to our clients and the industry as a whole.
This is a new, unique position at PlanIT Geo to identify synergistic relationships and to build and expand upon strategic partnerships with state agencies, environmental consulting firms, and regional/national nonprofits including state urban forest councils toward larger “enterprise” business. It requires an inclusive, holistic, innovative, and multi-faceted approach to urban forestry project development. This means conceptualizing, scoping, and budgeting equity-centered, community-based, impactful work that incorporates technology, data analysis, climate resiliency, community engagement, and planning. The position will require coordination on opportunities between multiple internal teams (sales, consulting services, marketing, and executive leadership) and externally with industry and technology providers.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Develop projects involving geospatial analysis, tree inventory, assessment, and management planning of urban forests, parks, and green infrastructure
- Proposal development, including vetting, writing, forming teams, and budgets to be tracked
- Facilitate inclusion of TreePlotter software products (INVENTORY, CANOPY) in projects in close collaboration with our software sales and development teams
- Maintain long-term relationships and a reputable network of industry contacts and partners
- Support operations and ensure client success through effective and accountable transition of new consulting projects to project manager, along with continuous client follow up
- Coordinate with marketing on digital strategies and content for measurable campaigns and events
- Able and willing to travel to and present at conferences, trade shows, workshops, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years in a business development, sales, or operations in urban forestry, parks, natural resources conservation, urban planning, or the tree care industry
- Bachelor degree or higher in forestry, natural resources, sustainability, urban ecology, GIS, business administration, or related field
- Excellent communication, networking, presentation, and business relationship skills; great rapport with our staff, partners, and clients
- Proven ability to scope out and be awarded profitable, well-managed consulting, data, and technology projects
- Ability to develop new, innovative solutions to maximize the impact on real-word problems
- Proficient with Microsoft products and CRM for tracking/forecasting a healthy pipeline
- Clear understanding of federal, state, and local government funding and procurement processes including grants and MOUs
DESIRED SKILLS AND NICE-TO-HAVES:
- Thought leader with regard to industry trends, initiatives, key concerns, and opportunities
- Local government and private sector industry experience
- Familiar with mapping, GIS, heat analysis, and remote sensing concepts and technologies
- Experience with inventory/asset/work management software
- Knowledge of and experience with urban forest master/management plans and community engagement
- Understanding of ecosystem services function, value, and research tools
- Expansive network locally and nationally of clients and contacts in the sectors above
Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus/commission structure based on revenue goals. Company 401K, health insurance, HSA, and paid time off offered. Laptop, phone and data plan covered by PlanIT Geo as well as other reimbursable expenses. Flexibility to work remotely or from our main office in Colorado.
This position reports directly to the VP of Sales and will work closely on a daily basis with the CEO. If you are qualified and interested in applying, please send a 1-page cover letter and 2-page resume to EvanSims@planitgeo.com and IanHanou@planitgeo.com. Applications will be accepted through February 6th, interviews scheduled immediately, and a selection made ASAP. Start date is somewhat flexible.
Tree Inventory Technician
PAY: $19 – $25 per hour or $39k – $60k per year.
Full-time W2 employment (Inquire for Benefits Package)
Nationwide – Must be able to travel for three to four weeks straight and stay in hotels/Airbnb’s.
PlanIT Geo provides professional geospatial consulting services and web/mobile software solutions for Urban Forestry and green infrastructure planning, natural resource analysis, forest management, and related areas. We are seeking one candidate with diverse interests and experience/education in urban forestry, arboriculture, GIS, and technology. Candidates should be motivated, versatile, work well in the private industry under strict time restraints, be able to travel, and have excellent communication skills.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Collect individual tree x/y locations via mobile tools from aerial imagery while in the field.
- Assess each tree for a wide variety of fields/attributes (e.g. Common Name, Scientific Name,
DBH, Condition, Height, Crown Spread, Insect Issues, Diseases, Defects, Size of Defect, Probability of Failure, Target Frequency, Other Risk Fields, Site Type, Address, etc.).
- Provide clients with training in tree inventory software and related data management in a
variety of formats (Shapefile, Excel, Access, etc.).
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- ISA Certified Arborist – must have or be able to obtain within two weeks of hire date.
- Pursuit of, or obtained BS/BA degree in forestry, natural resources, horticulture or related field.
- Ability to ID a variety of North American tree species by common and botanical name (leaf-on and off seasons).
- Ability to ID or quickly learn a variety of defects (biotic and abiotic) for different species of trees.
- Familiarity of plant growth habits and landscape use of common urban tree species.
- Experience in GIS desktop software (ESRI or Open Source; from coursework or other).
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time while using a tablet device safely.
- Flexibility in work hours to meet a quota of trees inventoried per day/week.
- Ability to travel 2-4 weeks at a time, stay in hotels/airbnb’s as needed, and have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to establish/maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, and other industry professionals.
PlanIT Geo™ provides enterprise GIS Software as a Service (SaaS) for urban trees, parks, tree care, and related green infrastructure asset management. We are a small company based outside of Denver with employees around the country and partners and customers worldwide. This position is an exciting period in our company’s growth, with plenty of opportunities to advance and grow along with us.
At present we are only considering candidates legally authorized to work in the USA. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, or any other non-merit factor.
PlanIT Geo is looking to evaluate and add a tree inventory technician as soon as possible. If interested and qualified, please email a one-page resume and cover letter to:
Senior Urban Forestry Planner
PlanIT Geo provides leading consulting services and enterprise GIS software for urban trees, parks, and related green infrastructure asset management. We are seeking a Senior Urban Forestry Planner to join our team. In this role you will work with a group of dedicated professionals to deliver innovative solutions to urban forestry clients worldwide in government, nonprofit, and campus sectors. We are a fast-growing company near Denver with employees around the U.S. and partners and customers around the globe. This is an exciting period in our company’s growth, with plenty of opportunity to advance, lead, and grow along with us.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable, genuine, disciplined, ethical, and passionate about nature, planning, technology, and growth. To fulfill the requirements of this position, we are seeking someone with 5+ years of experience. You will amplify our vision, “Mapping the World’s Urban Forests for a Greener Future”, which drives us every day to provide high quality, mission-driven results and impact to our clients and the industry as a whole. At PlanIT Geo, we value our passionate and supportive business culture and encourage our employees to grow as we do through professional development.
As a Senior Urban Forestry Planner with PlanIT Geo, you will elevate the Urban Forestry Consulting Services section’s range of services, expertise, quality, and customer service. Ideally, a person in this position will manage projects and staff and the level of management will depend on your experience and your ability to acclimate to the section’s processes and environment. In this senior role, you will have significant autonomy to lead the section’s professional work relating to strategic long-term urban forest management planning, building upon the company’s existing framework, tools, and processes. This may include the development, planning, and application of methods and practices intended to create sustainable and resilient urban environments within communities and for organizations serving communities. We are seeking an experienced urban forestry leader with strong technical, industry, and people skills who can facilitate and manage challenging environments. Work is performed under the supervision of the Director of Urban Forestry Consulting Services at PlanIT Geo.
Primary Responsibilities of the Position (Generally ordered by priority)
● Implements the Urban Forestry Consulting Services’ iterative planning process.
● Supports the review of city code, policies, standards, and procedures and provides recommendations.
● Conducts research relating to global, regional, and localized issues, challenges, threats, and opportunities.
● Coordinates and conducts consultations, meetings, and interviews with project stakeholders.
● Adapts and offers solutions that continually improve our planning approach, efficiency, services, and products.
● Manages planning projects, staff, budgets, and timelines effectively.
● Tracks project tasks and total project hours within allotted budgets and strict timelines.
● Maintains open and frequent communication among project team members and clients.
● Synthesizes the results of planning efforts to develop realistic and measurable goals and actions.
● Analyzes local findings to develop tailored, innovative, measurable, and impactful solutions.
● Evaluates program budgets and funding opportunities to develop implementation and monitoring plans.
● Applies industry resources, tools, and research to strategies and solutions.
● Assesses and identifies alternative funding mechanisms to implement urban forestry plans.
● Able to exhibit customer-centered behaviors and focus on customer needs.
● Strives to provide tailored solutions.
● Develops long-lasting relationships and partnerships with clients and industry leaders.
● Excels at technical and narrative forms of writing. Communicates plans effectively through technical data summaries, story-telling, and descriptions and narratives that resonate with the audience, where appropriate.
● Supports the development of charts, graphs, tables, infographics, and other visualizations of management planning.
● Ability to adapt to new or changed situations and to show flexibility in making improvements in work processes and operations.
● Stays current with industry trends, resources, and science to improve planning projects.
Outreach & Engagement
● Develops strategies for public engagement that are inclusive, innovative, and effective.
● Facilitates project meetings, presentations, and community outreach strategies including public surveys, project website content, messaging, public meetings, and other sessions.
● Able and willing to travel for project meetings and presentations and conferences. (post Covid-19 pandemic restrictions)
● Exemplifies PlanIT Geo’s Core Values in daily activities and demeanor.
Education, Training and Experience: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in urban forestry, urban planning, landscape architecture, forestry, horticulture, environmental science, or related field; five years or more of related experience is preferred. Experience and training in planning, project management, urban forest management, community engagement, and tree canopy assessments are desirable but not required.
Licenses and Certificates: Accredited as an ISA Certified Arborist is required for this position. Accredited as an ISA Certified Arborist Municipal Specialist and/or Board Certified Master Arborist is preferred though not required. ASCA Registered Consulting Arborists and APA AICP accreditation is also desired and will be considered as an alternative or addition to the above certificates.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
● Knowledge and familiarity with the effective use of computers, equipment, and software, including Microsoft Office, ArcGIS, i-Tree, PlanIT Geo’s TreePlotter, Adobe, and project management software.
● Knowledge of urban forestry, tree ordinances, forest pest management, and arboricultural practices.
● Understanding of forms of municipal government, operations, municipal budget planning.
● Demonstrated knowledge and experience in applying iterative planning processes.
● Keen understanding of industry standards and best practices.
● Knowledge of the practical application of green infrastructure and nature-based solutions.
● Familiar with mapping, GIS, remote sensing concepts, and statistics.
● Experience with inventory/asset/work management software.
● Ability and desire to work both independently and with other staff while working remotely.
● Experience with website development and/or web content management.
● Understanding of wildland urban interface management, tree species, and management strategies for a variety of climate zones and regions.
This description was prepared to indicate the kinds of activities and levels of work difficulty required of positions in this class. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities.
Base salary is $90 K +. Company 401K, health insurance, HSA, paid time off, and flex-time offered. PlanIT Geo covers reimbursable expenses. Flexibility to work remotely from your desired location (preferably California-based) or from our main office in Colorado.
If you are qualified and interested in applying, please send a 1-page cover letter and 2-page resume to email@example.com, Director of Urban Forestry Consulting Services. Applications will be accepted as soon as the listing is posted with a selection made by the end of January 2023 at the latest. Start date is somewhat flexible.
Let’s discuss your next community forestry project today.
About PlanIT Geo™
At PlanIT Geo, you’ll find a team driven by trees and technology. We are innovators and your partner in community forestry.
We are passionate about the work we do and derive purpose from helping others map and understand the value of nature-based solutions for a greener future.
Current clients can visit our support site to get updates, feature releases, and answers to many commonly asked questions.
PO Box 1334, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
Join Our Community